Updated: 25th March 2020
In light of the current situation, if you are due a prescription within the next two months for our Family Planning Clinic, please email the Centre on email@example.com with the following information
You need to include the following information:
1. Your name
2. Date of Birth
4. Phone number (we will contact you on this number to let you know the presription is ready)
You will then be given a day and time to call to the Centre to collect your prescription.
- this service will only apply to our current clients
- no new clients will be offered this service
- prescriptions may take a week to prepare
- no drop-ins or consultations will be facilitated
- the morning after pill will be not be prescribed (your own GP, NowDoc or any pharmacy will supply this pill)
- Clinics for week beginning 23rd and March 30th are postponed.
- Nurse will contact each women to assess the urgency of their contraceptive needs. You will be supported and given information until a suitable appointment can be offered.
- All regular smears are cancelled except for those in exceptional circumstances.This will be assessed and reviewed by the doctor.
- All smear results will be given out over the phone.
The Women’s Health and Family Planning Clinics, funded by the HSE are held in the evenings by appointment only between 5.00pm and 8.00pm. Please contact the Centre on 074 9124985 to make an appointment.
The clinics provide information, advice and supply all types of contraception. In addition to this, all women’s health issues are dealt with in a private and confidential manner. The clinics are staffed by female doctors, nurses and administrator.
All information given is strictly confidential.
Wheelchair access from the rear of the Centre.
Family Planning – Types of contraception available at the clinic:
- Pill (Combined/Progesterone only)
- Depo Injections
- Coils (Mirena or Copper)
- Sterilisation Referral
- Post Coital Contraception
Other Services available at the Clinic
- Pregnancy testing (free and available at all times in the centre)
- Cervical Screening (smear tests)
- Infertility Advice
- Breast Awareness
- General Gynaecological Advice
- Advice on topics such as sexually transmitted infections and information given on local GUM clinics
- Advice about bleeding problems
- Sexual Health
- Post-abortion check-ups.
- Referrals to Out-Patients Clinics ( Gynae, Breast, Colposcopy, Physio and Urodynamics
- General lifestyle advice and information
- Medical cardholders receive free consultation and contraceptive
We acknowledge funding received from the local Health Service Executive