The Women’s Health and Family Planning Clinics are held in the evenings by appointment only between 5.00pm and 8.00pm. Please contact the Centre on 074 9124985 to make an appointment.
The clinics provide information, advice and supply all types of contraception. In addition to this, all women’s health issues are dealt with in a private and confidential manner. The clinics are staffed by female doctors, nurses and administrator.
All information given is strictly confidential.
Wheelchair access from the rear of the Centre.
Family Planning – Types of contraception available at the clinic:
- Pill (Combined/Progesterone only)
- Depo Injections
- Coils (Mirena or Copper)
- Sterilisation Referral
- Post Coital Contraception
Other Services available at the Clinic
- Pregnancy testing (free and available at all times in the centre)
- Cervical Screening (smear tests)
- Infertility Advice
- Breast Awareness
- General Gynaecological Advice
- Advice on topics such as sexually transmitted infections and information given on local GUM clinics
- Advice about bleeding problems
- Sexual Health
- Post abortion check-ups.
- Referrals to Out-Patients Clinics ( Gynae, Breast, Colposcopy, Physio and Urodynamics
- General lifestyle advice and information
- Medical card holders receive free consultation and contraceptive
Are you aged between 25 and 60?
Is it three years or more since your last smear test?
You could be eligible for a free smear through the National Cervical Screening Programme.
Contact the Centre on 074 9124985 to make an appointment.
Private smears are available for women under 25 or over 60. Cost of a private smear is €130.00. From 1st July 2019, a private smear will include a Cervical Cytology test and a High-Risk Human Papillomavirus (HPV) test from the same sample.